Avocados are one of the healthiest fruits considering the fact that they contain essential nutrients. They are very versatile and they are going really nicely on both desserts and salads. They contain: Vitamin C – 33%, Vitamin E – 21%, Vitamin B6 – 26%, Vitamin K – 53%, Copper – 19%, Folate – 41%, Potassium – 28% and Pantothenic Acid – 28%. There has been made several studies on avocados and the scientists have found out that eating an avocado every day has a lot of healthy benefits. In the list below you can find out the top 20 health benefits of avocado.
1. Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fats which can reduce the risk of heart disease and your cholesterol levels.
2. Half an avocado every day can promote weight loss in overweight people due to their fiber content.
3. Reduce the levels of triglycerides in your blood
4. Reduces your total cholesterol levels
5. Reduces your LDL (bad) cholesterol
6. Rich in essential nutrients
7. Increases the levels of HDL (good) cholesterol
8. Avocados contain a rich amount of potassium, a mineral that can reduce the effects of sodium on the body.
9. Eating an avocado every day can reduce the amount of LDL cholesterol in your blood, effectively reducing the risk of heart disease and stroke and improving your cardiovascular health.
10. Avocados improve the nutrient absorption.
11. Avocados can improve the antioxidant absorption.
12. Avocados can keep your blood sugar levels steady and reduce the risk of diabetes.
13. Their extract can reduce the symptoms of arthritis due to the powerful anti-inflammatory properties it has.
14. They are rich in fiber, a nutrient that improves digestion.
15. They can boosts your mood. The variety of nutrients in avocados can improve your mood and prevent mood changes.
16. Avocados are rich with Vitamin K, folate, copper and other bone-healthy nutrients which can strengthen your bones.
17. They can fight cancer and reduce the side-effects of chemotherapy.
18. Avocados are a great addition to pregnancy diet plans. Vitamin B6 is beneficial for the fetal tissue and brain growth, while folate is crucial for proper fetal development in the early stages.
19. The oleic acid content of avocados can reduce the inflammation in your body.
20. Avocados improve your eye health and are considered the best source of lutein among fruits.