Nobody really knows the reason why some people are left-handed and other right-handed, not even the medical experts or scientists.
A recent research have shown that this is connected to the connection between the environment and the genes of a human. The statistics have shown that an individual is usually left-handed if it comes from a left-handed family.
It was also proven that there are different writings in the brain of the left and right-handed people. Left-handed people are much more independent because they usually spend their whole life adapting to a right-handed world.
Here are 24 facts about people that are left-handed:
1. The word ‘left’ has Anglo-Saxon origin and it comes from the word ‘lyft’ which meant broken or weak.
2. The right side of the brain is more used by left-handed people.
3. Only 5-10% of the people in the world are left-handed.
4. Left-handed people are better at swimming, boxing, tennis and many other sports.
5. Seeing under water is much easier for left-handed people.
6. About 40% of the best tennis players are left-handed.
7. Puberty comes about five months later for left-handed people.
8. Usually, left-handed college graduates are expected to become 16% richer than right-handed.
9. Left-handed people get angry quicker since they have a different way of processing the emotions.
10. There is 3% higher risk of becoming an alcoholic for left-handed people.
11. There are four out of 7 left-handed US states .
12. The percentage of left and right pawedness in animals like cats, rats, and mice is equally divided.
13. Tesserae decades, sweater, and dresses are the longest words which can be typed with your left hand.
14. Left-handed people are better at maths, spatial awareness and architecture.
15. The International Left-Handers Day is August 13th.
16. In the past, left-handedness was closely associated with rebellion, neurosis, homosexuality, the devil, and criminality.
17. Left-handed people are more likely to suffer from insomnia.
18. There are more than 30 million left-handed people in the United States.
19. Women who give birth in their 40s have a 128% higher chance of giving birth to a left-handed child when compared with women who give birth in their 20s.
20. Some of the most vicious killers in human history were left-handed, such as the Boston Stranglers, Osama bin Laden, and Jack the Ripper.
21. Left-handed people can learn to use their right hand in a case of injury.
22. Left-handed people are much more prone to asthma and some allergies.
23. Left-handedness usually runs in the family. For example, Prince William, Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Mother, and Prince Charles are/were left-handed.
24. One out of four Apollo astronauts was left-handed.