The perfect combination of foods will have a positive impact on your skin, boost your reproductive system and maintain the hormonal balance.
Nutrient-dense foods are of a big importance for women and they have the ability to improve their mood, boost the metabolism and energy levels, improve the function of the digestive tract and sometimes even boost the libido. The quantity is also very important because the human body needs the perfect amount of nutrients in order to work properly.
The following foods are especially good for these groups of women:
– Young women who need to control the hormones in their period.
– Mid-aged women who want to boost their energy and who are not physically active.
– Pre-menopausal women who need to control their hormones.
– Menopausal women and those women that have already passed the menopause.
The top five foods for hormonal balance are:
– Avocado is a great fruit and it is a great source of potassium, folic acid, magnesium, fiber, Vitamin B, Vitamin E and healthy fat.
– Vegetables that are rich in antioxidants, like collard greens, cilantro, spinach, kale, etc.
– Spices that can balance your hormones and boost your mood, such as: ginger, cinnamon, garlic, etc.
– Fatty fish rich in omega-3 fats, such as salmon. It is also great for preventing heart diseases, high blood pressure, depression and inflammatory disease.
– Yogurt is a great source of calcium, which is a mineral that is great for your bones. It is also rich in probiotics and Vitamin D. They have the ability to increase the healthy bacteria in the gut and balance your hormones.
– You should also consume eggs, broccoli, quinoa and almonds in order to prevent acne and reduce the visibility of wrinkles.
Foods you should avoid:
– Alcohol is one of the main reasons for dehydrating the body, so you should avoid it.
– Caffeine can trigger hot flashes, so if you are a woman in menopause you should avoid consuming it. A big caffeine intake can also result as nervousness and anxiety.
– High-glycemic foods, such as sugary drinks or bread can change the way estrogen is metabolized in your body and increase the insulin levels. You should completely avoid them.
– Sugar is one of the main reasons for hormonal imbalance and it can also cause diabetes or obesity. It weakens your nervous system and it has a negative impact on your digestive system, liver and pancreas.
– The thyroid gland is in charge for many body processes, such as hormones required to control the body system. It can be disturbed by phytoestrogens, for example, soy, so try to avoid it as much as possible.