Lemon is a fruit rich in Vitamin C, which is of a big importance for treating scurvy. Scurvy is a condition that appears when the body has a deficiency of Vitamin C. It also has a strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties since it contains a big amount of flavonoids. They are very effective in treating a heart disease, inflammation and cancer.
You can use the lemon in any forms, squeezed, fresh, as a salad dressing or add them to the healthy drinks you prepare. Here are five ways in which you can use lemon.
– You can treat the sore throat by gargling lemon water in the morning and before bedtime.
– You can reduce the swelling and itchiness by applying a cotton with lemon juice to the affected area.
– Get rid of the warts by putting lemon juice on them.
– By mixing hot lemon water and honey you can get rid of the cough.
– You can use lemon juice to soothe skin rashes.
– Use lemon juice mixed with soda, water and vinegar as a kitchen or bathroom cleaner.
– Make a mix of lemon juice, vinegar, cornstarch and water to clean the windows at your home.
– You can make an effective cleaning agent for hardwood floors by mixing lemon juice and vinegar.
– Use lemon juice to get rid of the stains in the toilet.
– By mixing lemon juice, olive oil and lemon essential oil you can make furniture polish.
– By adding half a lemon juice in a cold water can soak the limp lettuce.
– You can add lemon juice to your whipped cream.
– You can stop the fruits and veggies from browning by soaking them in lemon water.
– You can make lemon ice cubes.
– Use lemon juice when you are cooking rice to prevent clumping.
– You can get rid of age spots by applying lemon juice.
– By applying two tablespoons of lemon juice to your scalp and massage it you can eliminate dandruff.
– Lemon juice can help you treat acne and other skin problems.
– By mixing lemon juice, honey, sugar and olive oil you can make a natural exfoliator.
– Lemon juice can act as a natural hair lightener. Just mix it with coconut oil and apply it to your hair.
– Put lemon peel on your floor to repel insects and cockroaches.
– Make a mix of baking soda and lemon juice to remove the stains from your pet’s fur.
– Repel pesky cats and dogs by sprinkling lemon peels and grounded coffee to the backyard.