Watermelon is a vegetable from cucumber family and it is a refreshing fruit during the summer days, but it is also a very healthy fruit because of amino acid ‘L-citrulin’, which reduces the time necessary for muscle recovery after any hard workout. 120g of watermelon contain about 150 mg of ‘L-citrulin’, which is much more than any other fruit.
Scientists also believe that this amino acid is beneficial for faster muscle recovery and the consumption of this summer delicacy will help athletes achieve better results. This fruit also contains magnesium which helps in the regulation of high blood pressure and it is proven that watermelon is an excellent diuretic because it stimulates the function of the kidneys. It contains vitamins A, C and B6.
Watermelon Seeds Are An Excellent Remedy For Kidney Stones
Beside water, watermelon contains many vitamins and minerals that contributes to our health. It should be in our daily menu during the summer. It restores the lost fluids, minerals and vitamins. In Chinese folk medicine the watermelon seeds are known and used as the most powerful remedy for kidney stones.
Watermelon Nutrition Facts
– Contains large amount of water, but it is low in calories
– Contains beneficial nutrients such as: acid, copper, beta-carotene, fiber, vegetable oil, plant hormones, vitamin A, vitamin B1 , B2, B3, B5, B6, then vitamin C, iron, essential oils, iodine, potassium, calcium, citric acid, magnesium, mineral salts, organic acids, protein, phosphorus, cellulose, zinc and sugar
– It is very useful in the prevention of many heart diseases and chronic inflammation.
– It can help you relieve the stress and tension
– It helps at production of body energy
– It can be used as diuretic
– It improves PH value of blood and also clears the blood vessels of fatty deposits.